Come Work for a Leader in Communications Software!
Fonality is a Communications Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company based in Culver City, CA. We provide VoIP phone system services which outperform brand-name, enterprise-level solutions for a fraction of the price. We’re looking for creative people with world-class skills who thrive in an energetic setting and are passionate about their lives and their work.
We are seeking a Software Developer or Systems Developer to join our team in Culver City office and take responsibility for numerous business critical systems. Our systems integrate multiple continents and provide the backbone for a global distribution of VoIP PBX systems. Ideal candidates will have strong professional software development experience building database-driven, web-based systems in a Linux production environment.
Fonality utilizes open-source technologies to do things typically accomplished with big-iron enterprise solutions. We’ve made custom code modifications to VTund, MyDNS, Apache, and Asterisk (just to name a few) to help meet our enterprise needs. At Fonality we’re proud to make computers do amazing things and we take pride in our fresh approach to problem solving. If you like to work in a team environment to tackle problems others may believe are unsolvable, this is the right opportunity for you.
- Designing and writing production-ready code and unit tests meeting both technical and business requirements
- Extensive Linux network support for mission critical services including MySQL, Apache, Lighttpd, Perl, mod_perl, NFS, SSH, BIND/DNS, Postfix SMTP, Nagios and numerous other common Linux network services
- Coordinate with staff to integrate on new products and services into the data center environment
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5 + years of professional software development experience producing web-based systems in a Linux environment
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- A passion for software development, excited to teach and learn from others on a small team
- Solid understanding and practical experience using object-oriented design principles and patterns
- Extensive development experience in Perl, Php, Python, Ruby or similar
- Experience using an RDBMS such as MySQL and comfortable enough with SQL to do more than simple selects from tables
- C/C++ or Objective-C a plus
- Ability to remain calm and effective in sometimes stressful situations
- The desire and commitment to work effectively in a team environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively
At Fonality, we believe in promoting from within and investing in our employees. We offer a very competitive compensation package and a comprehensive health insurance package (medical, dental, and vision).
With some of the smartest people in the telephony business working for us, this is a great opportunity to jump onboard and work with people who are passionate about what they do. Check us out at www.fonality.com.
If you’re the Engineering Professional we’re looking for APPLY NOW!
Local candidates preferred. No sponsorships or agency referrals.